Expired5th Annual Winkler/IAM/OsgoodePD Conference on Mediation
- April 23, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Evolution of Mediation – Where are We Going?
Early Bird Pricing until February 28, 2018
Mediation plays a critical role in our justice system. It requires a special skill set and it raises unique challenges both for mediators and counsel representing clients in mediation. Mediators must constantly strive to stay on top of new and developing issues while continuing to hone their skills. Counsel must also keep abreast of developments so that they can achieve the best possible results for their clients.
With a different focus each year, this intensive full-day program will ensure that:
- You are up-to-date on the current law and best practices
- You know the range of strategic and tactical options and can advise clients/parties on the pros and cons of each (both from the mediator’s and counsel’s perspective)
- You recognize and understand cultural and gender issues and their impact on the mediation process
- The mediation process is respected and the goal in coming to an agreement takes priority even in the face of conflict
- Counsel and mediators understand their obligations, particularly in the face of the numerous potential ethical dilemmas
This OsgoodePD program was developed by a faculty of leading Canadian and international experts to provide valuable insights and practical tips for both mediators and counsel. It is a unique opportunity to have them all in one room. You will engage with the best and walk away with tools that you can immediately put to use in your practice.
Location: Osgoode Professional Development Centre, 1 Dundas St. W., 26th Floor, Toronto, ON
Fee: $575 plus HST
For further details and registration visit: www.osgoodepd.ca/upcoming_programs/evolution-of-mediation/