For Lawyers, Mediators, Social Workers, Psychologists, and interested professionals
– How do families and children involved in the justice system benefit from ADR?
– Which cases are not suitable for ADR?
– Family group decision-making
– Collaborative family law
– Child welfare in ADR
– Case study of a Family Group Conference
Chair: Karla McGrath – Queen’s Family Law Clinic
Justice Lene Madsen, Ontario Superior Court (Family Division), Kitchener
Chris Ecclestone, Kingston Family Lawyer, Collaborative Family Law
Child Welfare Scenario
– Vincent Ramsay, Kingston Family Lawyer, Agent for the Office of the Children’s Lawyer
– Bonnie Gagne, Family Group Conferencing Facilitator
– Melannie Cashman, Family and Children’s Services, Rapid Response Team
A fact scenario will be provided to attendees in advance of the panel.
Opportunity for questions & comments. Feel free to send the questions in advance to
For lawyers, this program is eligible for 1.5 hours Substantive Hours toward CPD requirements.
Admission is without charge, but you must be registered to get the Zoom link. Those who want to
attend are required to register by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org