UpcomingAFCC-O Kingston Group Evening Forum
- June 11, 2018
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Parenting Plans, Court Orders in the Highest Conflict Cases
For lawyers, social workers, psychologists, mediators and interested professionals
- How to identify and respond to the highest conflict cases. (Who are the highest conflict litigants and how can they be helped? Are their former partners and child protected?)
- What is the role for mental health intervention, and the role of the court in encouraging/educating or mandating mental health involvement
- Safety concerns for professionals, parents and children
- Reducing conflict through Parenting Co-ordination or mediation
- Responses including role for CAS and supervised visitation or exchange
- Role of family lawyers: firefighters or arsonists?
Chair: Ms. Karla McGrath, Queen’s Family Law Clinic
With: Justice Wendy Malcolm, Leslie Kendall – lawyer, mediator and parenting co-ordinator. Additional panelists to be confirmed include mental health professional, child protection lawyer, and an access supervisor.
This program is eligible for 1.5 substantive hours toward CPD requirements.
Faculty of Law, Queen’s University, MacDonald Hall 001. Admission is without charge, but space is limited. Register by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social event to follow at Queen’s Grad Club, 162 Barrie St., Kingston, ON with munchies provided by AFCC-O.
Download flyer below