ExpiredClients with Mental Health Issues in the Family Justice System
- November 19, 2018
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Hosted by AFCC-O Kingston Group
For Lawyers, Social Workers, Psychologists, Mediators and interested professionals
- The range of diagnoses? Mental Health, Mental Disorder vs Personality Disorder
- How does mental health affect parenting capacity?
- Role of OCL when parents have mental health issues
- How does mental health of client affect relationships with lawyers and other professionals?
- Diagnosis & responses? Resources in Kingston
- Addictions & Mental Health? Cognitive Functioning and Mental Health Issues
- Litigants with Mental Health Issues in the Court Room
Chair: Ms. Karla McGrath – Queen’s Family Law Clinic
- Robert Rowe, Family Court Clinic
- Tina Tom, Family & Child Services of Frontenac and Lennox & Addington
- Chris Ecclestone, Family Lawyer
- Justice Ken Pedlar, Ontario Superior Court of Justice
- Justice Deborah Swartz, Ontario Superior Court of Justice
Opportunity for questions & comments
For lawyers, this program is eligible for 1.5 hours Substantive Hours toward CPD requirements.
Admission is without charge, but space is limited so those who want to attend are required to register by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Event: As has become a tradition, for those who are interested, immediately after the education program there will be a gathering at the Queen’s Grad Club, 162 Barrie St., Kingston, ON with munchies provided by AFCC-O. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Download below flyer: