Call for Research Proposals
DEADLINE EXTENDED: OCTOBER 16, 2020
Good news! We are extending the call for proposals until the AFCC-O annual conference on October 16 (midnight). We appreciate that COVID-19 and the beginning of school at all levels has been a challenging time. Thank you to those who expressed an interest in putting in a proposal.
The AFCC is an interdisciplinary and international association of professionals dedicated to the resolution of family conflict. AFCC Ontario members share a strong commitment to education, innovation, and collaboration in order to benefit communities, empower families, and promote a healthy future for children.
In 2020, AFCC Ontario will award funding to a research project that provides relevant impact-driven insights into families following separation/divorce or co-parenting. We particularly encourage empirical and interdisciplinary research that could inspire effective interventions/solutions or policy initiatives.
This year a survey of the AFCC Ontario membership has identified the following priority themes:
- Families experiencing high conflict in co-parenting
- Parent-child contact problems
- Family court service innovations
The main focus of this call will be on the three themes outlined above; however, submissions outside the priority theme areas are welcome, as long as the proposal is original and relevant to AFCC Ontario’s stated mission.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR SUBMISSIONS
- The deadline for submitting proposals is October 16, 2020.
- Project proposals should be written in English.
- Maximum duration of the project is two years and the amount of funding could be up to $12 000
- Submissions will be received from holders of an academic appointment or graduate students, or who are affiliated with a professional or non-profit agency. Submission from private individuals (not affiliated with an organisation) will not be considered.
- The selected project is required to provide updates to the AFCC Ontario Research Committee on the status of the research.
- After completion of the project, a proper research report is expected as well as a presentation at the AFCC Ontario annual conference held in October each year.
- The research report will become part of AFCC Ontario’s online collection of research and will be published and disseminated through the AFCC Ontario channels (web, social media, e-blasts events, etc.).
- If applicable, information on co-funding or the applicant’s own contribution should be provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSESSMENT OF PROPOSALS AND RESULTS
- Research proposals will be assessed by the researchers and professionals who are members of the AFCC-Ontario Research Committee.
- Results from the selection process will be announced by late November 2020.
If you have any further enquiries about the aim of this call for proposals, the priority themes or the application procedure, please contact Dr. Kim Harris at email@example.com